Songwriters take inspiration from all walks of life to compose great music that connects with people. Think of your favorite song. Is it about love and romance? Nature and adventure? Dreams and ambitions? All music has an emotional element that can set the tone for an experience or give meaning to our lives.
Music is a must for me every day, be it for background noise, to arouse motivation or to create the backdrop for special occasions and excursions. I'm a big fan of curating playlists and will sometimes fit on a theme like songs about boats and water or a specific mood like happy dance music.
I happen to have a playlist of songs about boats and water, an essential soundtrack for your next boating day. If fishing songs are your thing, you can enjoy this playlist too or check out this ultimate summer fishing and boating playlist. Here are a few all time favorite boats and water songs for you to enjoy!
- Saltwater Gospel – Eli Young Band
- Summer Breeze – Seals and Crofts
- Schwarzwasser – The Doobie Brothers
- Chattahoochee – Alan Jackson
- Smooth sailing – Nick Walker
- Castaway – Zac Brown Band
- Deep River Blues – Doc Watson
- Buy me a boat – Chris Jansen
- Into the mystic – Van Morrison
- Get in – Kevin Simon
- The Downeaster Alexa – Billy Joel
- Lochloosa – JJ Gray & Mofro
- Take me to the river – talking heads
- Keep sailing – Commodores
- Boats – Kenny Chesney
- If I had a boat – Lyle Lovett
- Water – Brad Paisley
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- Boat drinks – Jimmy Buffett
- Sail into the sun – Gentlemen Hall
After you've found your new favorite boat songs, follow our profile on Spotify to stream more boat and fishing songs for free. You can also check out Kevin Simon's song Get On Board, featured in our Get On Board ad. Have fun while listening!